I struggled with writing this last post of 2010. To be honest I’m a bit surprised I’m still here. What I mean is I’m the type of guy who gets into a lot of different things and then tends to move on not long after. I’m a Jack of all trades, Master of none. There are a few exceptions to the rule of course. I’m beginning to realize that as much as I don’t consider myself a writer, writing is something I really enjoy. This explains why this blog has lasted for 6 full months! I think in addition to my passion for writing what keeps my coming back to my blog is the content. After all, the most important thing in my life is my family, my children. I love, love, love, love, love being a Dad and the fact that I’m just able to write about being a Dad is a real honor for me. So, here I am. Here I plan to stay.
I thought it’d be fun for me to think about what I’m going to miss about 2010 once 2011 is officially here. After coming up with this list I realized the very things I’m going to miss were things I’m also not going to miss. Hence, my title for this little list.
“My 2010 Un-Miss List”
- Changing O’s diapers. I didn’t love changing her diapers. Yet the fact that she’s not in them now and won’t be in 2011 makes me realize my little baby girl is not a little baby girl. I miss her diapers
- O was 1 year old in early 2010 and her 2nd birthday was a big deal! I’m going to miss my 1 year old O and my 2 year old O. In April of 2011 I’m going to be happy to have my 3 year old O too.
- For part of 2010 I was off one day a week to be with O and Jake. In 2011 I’m not going to have that schedule and while I’m not going to miss a smaller paycheck I’ll miss spending that one day a week with them 100 fold.
- In 2010 O’s name was never preceded by or following the word, “school”. In 2011, she will be attending pre-school and while I’ll miss when she was a baby, I’m excited to know she’s going to be learning a lot and playing with other children her age in pre-school.
- I’m going to miss how Jake was crawling earlier in 2010. Now that he’s on the move in 2011 he’ll be one more little one we’re going to be chasing! I’m not going to miss having to pick up every little piece of dirt like I did when he was crawling.
- I’m going to miss having a 1 year old. Jake will be 2 in August of 2011 and I’ll no longer have a 1 year old I’m not going to miss a 1 year old’s sleeping pattern though
- I’m going to miss how Jake just grunts now to talk. I’m not going to miss that his only word is “dada”.
I can’t finish this last post of the year without thanking every one of you who have read my blog this year. Whether you have stopped by once, are a regular reader, or have left comments I’m grateful you have been a part of my life. For me, life is all about sharing experiences with people. I feel I do that through my blog and I can honestly say I’ve met some of the most compassionate, sincere, and friendly people through my site, Twitter, and Facebook. I hope to share many more experiences with you in 2011 and hope you continue to come back.
Happy New Year Everyone!!!